Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Folding Tables are doing well, too

Pro Wrestling is the only thing keeping the Steel Chair industry afloat  


That's what you think, Jeremy. But this Sunday, at the New York Nuisance, I'm gonna show you what pain is all about!


Uhmm....yeah. So not long ago, the morning radio show was talking about Pro Wrestling, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to discuss amongst civilized adults.  


Wait until you see just how uncivilized I can be! I'm going to end your career in the ring!


It got me thinking about how often I end up sitting on a steel chair. The answer, of course, is not very often. I have folding chairs in my house, sure...but they're made of plastic or have some kind of padding on them and some kind of powder coat on the structural pieces. They're not the same brown steel chairs that you see in the wrestling ring. For that matter, you don't even see those kinds of steel chairs in the audience immediately surrounding the wrestling ring either. The only place they're ever used is in the ring.  


I'm gonna use whatever I can find to take you down, Jeremy!


As you may know, the world economy isn't the greatest these days. Many industries are feeling the crunch of people not having any money, and I can't help but think that the Steel Chair industry is no exception. I don't know about you, but I've bought fewer folding chairs this year than I have in the past. Based on a study in which I thought about it for a while and said, "Yep, that seems about right," sales of folding Steel Chairs are down 19% since 2007. The saving grace, of course, is that the bulk of the market share is taken up by sales to Pro Wrestling organizations, which are staying strong. Even in a down economy, people need to get hit with steel chairs.

No comments: