Tuesday, September 27, 2011

That Will Leave A Mark


Biting the inside of your cheek:  The ultimate and ultimately annoying self-fulfilling prophecy


Go ahead and punch yourself in the face for a while, too.  It'll feel great when you stop.


So not long ago, I decided that I wasn't in enough pain, so I bit the inside of my cheek.  I did a terrific job on it, too, such that it left a mark and some swelling.  And yes, it hurt a little, but I'm manly, so I can't let it show.  


Now you did it...we're going to get letters...


The problem with doing this sort of damage to yourself is not that it hurts...it's that it leaves you in a position where it will continue to be annoying and hurt for the foreseeable future.  Approximately every 10 minutes since I originally went ahead and bit myself, the fact that the inside of my cheek is swollen causes me to bite on it again.  Now, I don't bite on it quite as hard as before, but it still hurts and is still remarkably annoying.  The only way to stop doing this is to stop doing this and let it heal, which I can't do, because I keep doing it.  GAH!

No comments: