Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So does Jerry Springer

Watching "Repo Games" makes me feel a little better about myself


You can actually answer the questions? Good for you, Jeremy!


Now, now...no need to get all patronizing.

For those who are all unawares, Repo Games is a newish game show on some cable TV network that features idiots. The premise is simple. People haven't paid their car loans, so their car is going to get repossessed. They hook up the car to a tow truck then call the owner outside. The owner acts all angry, and claims that they paid their bills (which is never true), and threaten to hit the repo guy, and many words get bleeped. The repo guy then offers them a chance to answer a handful of trivia questions to win their car back.

Here's the rub. The questions are, for the most part, stupefyingly easy, and since the contestants are idiots, they get a lot of them wrong. I then start throwing crap at my TV and wonder if I should stop paying my car loan to try to be on this show...because hey...free car!

Here's an example from last night's episode:

"Athos, Aramis, and Porthos are the individual names of what 1844 literary group?"


The answer given by the idiot: "Charlotte's Web."


For the sake of my health, and my TV's health, I should really never watch this show again.

No comments: