Monday, July 11, 2011

I had a great title, but I forgot it

I'm really good at knowing when I'm going to forget something


Sharp as a tack, this one.


I'm willing to accept some of my limitations. I'll never play in the NHL, never fly an F-16, probably won't meet Anne Hathaway, and I can't play Waterfall to save my life. (Fun Fact! I know the guy playing in that video, and even played "Rock Band" at his house not long ago) I'm also a pro at knowing in advance when I'm going to forget something, and not doing anything about it.

This happens a lot with Sametime Statuses, but extends to other areas of my life with stunning regularity. I'll forget to bring something to work, pack something for vacation, do something before bed, and so on. Before most of these times, I'll sit there thinking, "I should do _____, since I'm going to forget it later." I will promptly decide to play a video game or something, not do the thing I was thinking of, and eventually forget it. It happens more often than I really feel comfortable admitting.

I don't know what I can do about this. I could be more pro-active and do stuff when I'm actually thinking about it, but I'm usually pretty busy. I could bring little sticky notes around with me all the time, but I'd run out of forehead on which to stick them. I could set reminders on my Droid, or get one of those stupid voice recorders you see on infomercials, but eventually, I'll just stop using those things and go back to my current system. That is, no system, and just forget stuff on occasion.

I think the best course of action here is to accept my limitations, and acknowledge the fact that I'll forget things now and again.

I wish I could remember what it was I did that prompted me to write this as my Sametime Status...

No comments: