Thursday, July 28, 2011

Or Have You?

If you can read this, I've fixed my computer


Well, then I guess congratulations are in order.


Maybe not. This is one of those few Sametime Statuses that's not quite my Sametime Status yet. You're actually getting a preview on the Blag here.


I actually don't think I get it.


So, the whole point of this website is to share with the Loyal Readers some of the thought process behind my daily Sametime Status changes. To take a quick step back, Sametime is the name of the instant messaging program we use at work. Most people leave their status as "I am available" or something equally dull. Long ago, I decided this was insufficient, so I would change mine randomly, and it blossomed into a daily thing with loyal readers and entertained guests. Often, one of the messages would be a little too obscure for most people to get, so I would spend considerable time explaining it to people...that's where this website comes in.

Anyway, this all centers around one very simple concept...actually having a Sametime Status. Well, as of yesterday, the program will not run on my computer anymore. I made the mistake of trying to upgrade to the new version since I got an angry email saying that the version I use won't work soon. As you might expect, the install choked, but only after deleting the old version. So the new version won't install, the old one is gone...I went back and re-installed the old version, and it says it's installed, but it won't run.

Long story short, I have no Instant Messenger program at work now, a couple new friends at the tech support desk who have suggested re-installing the program (thanks for that), and only one way to share my Status with the world. So, on the off chance that my computer gets fixed today, and I can once again have a Sametime Status...well...this will be it.

No comments: