Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Canonically, he's in the details

If I were the Devil, I'd sue M Night Shyamalan for defamation of character


Been to the movies again, eh?


Yep...went to see the latest travesty of cinema by Not-Sure-Why-He's-Not-Yet-Described-As-Disgraced Director M Night Shyamalan. (In all fairness, Shyamalan only wrote the movie. Soon-To-Be Disgraced Director John Erick Dowdle actually directed here) Based on the fiasco that is "Devil" I've decided to put Mr. Shyamalan on my list of movie people that I'm through with. He joins the Coen Brothers, Will Farrell, Gary Sinise, and Stanley Kubrick.


No Nick Cage?


My hatred for Nicolas (Coppola) Cage goes beyond mere lists. Besides, this list is just for people that I just don't need to see anymore...not things I need to actively skip if I'm going to avoid having an aneurism.


Makes sense. Go on.


So this latest "film" written by a director that hasn't been relevant since 1999 has 5 people getting stuck in an elevator.


Okay...then what?


Nothing! That's the problem. The entire plot is they're stuck in an elevator. One of them may or may not be possessed by the devil, and most of them die because it's a "horror" film, but that's it. Roll credits.


Seems like a great short sketch.


It probably would be, but it goes on for 80 minutes. Mercifully short by movie standards, but about 70 minutes longer than the plot budgeted for.


Ever notice how your movie reviews tend to all be negative?


The bad movies are more fun to write about than the good ones. Besides, since the original Mr. Cranky retired and left his website to a bunch of chumps, nobody's doing negative reviews very well. I'm hoping to leave a mark...hopefully just not one like the mark "Devil" left in my brain. Nobody needs that.

This has been another edition of "Jeremy Is In The Theatre."

No comments: