Thursday, April 23, 2009

Packaging Science

I need to buy shirts that don’t have that little plastic thingy in the collar.


Are you talking about the plastic band that goes around the collar when it's in the store?


Nope...they look like little white tabs that are shoved into the collar to make the point straight. Is there a name for those things?


There's also that plastic job that wraps around the top button...those things are a pain to take off after you buy a shirt.


Not to mention however the frig many pins they put in the shirt now...I always seem to miss one and end up stabbing myself the first time I put the shirt on.


And those paperclip-looking things...what are you supposed to do with those after you get those out?


Well, the bottom line is that the last 4 consecutive times I've done laundry, I've found one of those little plastic thingamajobbies in the bottom of the dryer. I don't know what shirt they came from, so I just set it aside pretending I'm going to search for its owner later. Realistically, I know better, which is why I now have a collection of 4 of these things sitting on top of my dryer.

Are they important? Anyone?


Incidentally, since the weather is supposed to be remarkably nice, Jeremy Is In The Office will be out of the office tomorrow and will return on monday. Have a good weekend, everybody!

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

The item you are talking about is called a collar stay.