Thursday, January 29, 2009

This actually happened

I actually searched through the box to find crackers that were intact before crumbling them up into my chili.


No Office tonight?


Sadly, no. They're bypassing tonight's episode in favour of an hour-long spot after some football game on Sunday.


So tell us about the crackers.


Yeah...I was in the adorably tiny cafeteria thing at work, and decided to have chili for lunch. This involves crumbling crackers into the bowl, if anyone is unfamiliar with how to eat chili. To that end, they have a box next to the chili containing packets of crackers...and as you might expect, some of them are already broken due to shipping and handling issues.

I reached into the box and grabbed two packets of crackers, (Since that's the limit. They say they'll charge you after 2 packets) and before putting them on my tray, I noticed that one of the crackers was already broken. Mind you, the wrapping was still intact, and the crackers were perfectly serviceable, but it was broken in like 5 pieces! What's up with that?

So, I put that packet back and carefully selected a new one with intact crackers. Feeling better about myself, I paid for my lunch and proceeded to smash the crackers into little tiny pieces to dump in my chili. It was one of those times when I had a bit of a revelation, thinking of some poor sap who actually eats crackers rather than powdering them into their soup...and how he's now stuck with broken cracker bits because of me.

I got a chuckle out of that.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

It's the little things in life that make so weird.