Thursday, January 8, 2009

He must be very well twisted by now

Pop Quiz! Name one Chubby Checker song whose lyrics do not include the word "Twist."


No problem. Let me just bring up The Google...


No cheating, please!


You take the enjoyment out of everything.


So today's message came about not long ago while I was sitting in a fast food chin known for their Royalty among hamburger-related fast food chains, and a song was playing that sounded like Chubby Checker that appeared to not be "The Twist," "Let's Twist Again," "Slow Twistin'," "Twist It Up," or "Yo, Twist."

AS it turns out, the song was called "Dancin Party" and included the following poetic gem:

  • Come on let's [fry] the potatoes too
    Watusi girl is the dance to do
    Twist and shout till we knock ourselves out


So, my hopes of hearing a "Twist"-less Chubby Checker song were dashed...until today! That's where you come in. I know of at least 2 songs that fit the above criteria...I'd just like to see if any of you know them too. Have fun!

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

Limbo Rock. My mother asked me if it was a Checky Cubber song.