Monday, January 19, 2009

Five-Seven Suited, however...

I’m never playing pocket Kings again.


No luck at the poker table, eh?


Actually, quite the opposite. I had a rather good night of poker not long ago, finishing second in a reasonably-okay-stakes tournament. The reason I came in second and not first was a pair of pocket Kings. They're jerks.


But isn't that the second best starting hand in Texas Hold'em?


Statistically, yes. In Jeremy's World, it means sudden, instant, and even immediate death. Since it is such a statistically strong hand, I usually end up playing it, and by the end of the hand, it looks like complete crap when compared to the hand that just beat me. In this past case, I ended up losing to a small flush with a pair of Kings. It's not the first time this sort of thing has happened to me which is why I'm firmly resolving to fold any pocket Kings from now on.


Good idea. When's your next game? I want to play now.


No idea when I'll be playing next, but when I do, I'll be decked out in my new line of poker-playing merchandise for the professional amature. Everybody has That Guy who shows up at your friendly home game dressed like the Unibomber in his hoodie and sunglasses with an MP3 player tucked underneath because he saw a guy on TV look like that. Well, now YOU can be That Guy, too...thanks to Jeremy Is At The Table, or JAT2. We carry a full line of hoodies, sunglasses, MP3 players, poker chips, cards, felt covers, tchotchkes to hold your cards, and carrying cases for all of your poker-playing needs. Just find us on The Google or in your neighbourhood Poker store. Look for our Logo:

No comments: