Monday, November 12, 2007

I'll be a zombie

For the record: I don’t care how late it is, I’m never going to bed during the second intermission of a west-coast hockey game again.


Something interesting happen?


You could say that. You could also say "shocking", "startling", or "frickin' unbelievable...if I hadn't seen that with my own eyes, I never would have believed it was possible!" which is kinda my problem.


Story Time! YAY!!!


Once upon a time, there lived a Hockey fan named Jeremy. For some unknown reason, he became a fan of the Los Angeles Kings. Since they play their home games in California, they start really late at night for east coast fans, like Jeremy. In this case, the game started at 10:30PM. The Kings were playing the Dallas Stars, and when I say "playing," I mean falling all over themselves looking like dancing monkeys on ice while the Stars played hockey around them. Watching this pitiful display, and becoming increasingly aware of the fact that I own a purple hockey jersey, I decided that I had stayed up past my bedtime. I went to bed during the second intermission, with the Kings losing 4-0...it was about 12:30AM at the time. I didn't find out what happened until the following morning.


Oooooo.....so what happened? What happened?!


Well, the Kings went out into the third period still playing like monkeys and getting shut out until Dustin Brown scored a goal with 7:14 left in the game (That's nearly 13 more minutes of scoreless hockey for LA), to only trail 4-1. They then proceeded to score 4 more goals in the next 5:07 to not only take the lead 5-4, but also set a franchise record for fastest 5 goals in team history. The Stars pulled even at 5 apiece with 1:05 left in the game, sending it to overtime. A mere 2:34 into OT, Anze Kopitar scored for the Kings to complete the most miraculous comeback in LA Kings history. And all while Jeremy peacefully slumbered. The end.


Awwwwwwwweee.


In other sporting news, here's a guy with potentially the Best Name in Football.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

His name is Craptastic.