Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I have a give and take Blag

Compromise: Lowering my standards so you can meet them.


What's with the bold?


I'm trying it out for today. Some people apparently are confused about the actual purpose of the Blag...that being to display my daily Instant Messenger Status message. It's an extra HTML tag I have to add to the post, but it's a sacrifice I may or may not be willing to make for you. We'll see how it goes.


Not bad. Where'd the message come from?


Would you believe I don't remember? Probably off a message board or something.


Yes, I would believe that. What else have you got today?


Well...today, I don't so much have a "Quiz" related blag entry, but it is a question I'm posing to my loyal readership.

I enjoy football...in moderation...but I'm not entirely up to speed on any of it. I know the Patriots are undefeated, everybody hates this fact, and Michael Vick is in jail, but that's about it. I would like somebody to clarify a rule for me. There was a call made in a game over the weekend that I can't find in any football rule book posted online after an exhaustive 3-minute Google search. Here are a couple examples of this call in action:

Clip from this weekend's UMD/NCSU game

Older video from a Jets/Bills game

2 comments:

Willie Y said...

Giving him the business is doing a little of this and some of that and punching here and pointing your finger like this and that and doing some of this and sticking your elbow into someone else's face and also saying very bad things to another person. I think that is the definitive explanation.

Jeremy said...

NCAA Rules of College Football, Bowl Subdivision, Chapter VII, Section 8b: Giving the Business

Said infraction is legal for offensive players, provided the player's hands remain on the numbers on the front of the opposing player's jersey. Defensive backs may only commit said infraction to receivers within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, or while making a football play or a play on the football. Players may not commit said infraction on ball carriers who are traveling out of bounds. Quarterbacks may only commit said infraction while outside of the tackles, and the infraction must be committed past the line of scrimmage. School officials are is immune to this penalty and are encouraged to give the business to students and fans in the form of high ticket prices and $80 officially licensed jerseys.