Friday, September 30, 2016

On A Saturday?!



So who’s responsible for waking up Billie Joe Armstrong tomorrow?  


Somebody really should get on that.  I mean...I'm assuming that he's going to wake up on his own, but he did specifically ask.  


So, for those of you unawares, back in 2005, the punk rock band Green Day released a song called "Wake Me Up When September Ends."  Billie Joe Armstrong is the lead singer of the group and writer of the song.  

Now, I'm not entirely sure when exactly we're supposed to wake up Mr. Armstrong.  Technically, today is still September, but it is ending.  Tomorrow could either be the end of September or the beginning of October.  It's usually not polite to call people at midnight to wake them up, but in this case, maybe we were given specific instructions, so it's okay?  I'm not sure!  

I'm also not clear on whether or not I'm the one who's supposed to be waking him up.  If I were, it would have been helpful for Mr. Armstrong to include some sort of contact information in the song, rather than just leaving all of that to chance.  I don't think I know anybody who considers Mr. Armstrong as a personal friend, so I'm resorting to, at best, third party notification.  It's not an ideal solution to my problems here.  

All in all, there were some issues with Green Day's instructions about being woken up at the end of September.  I'd ask for clarity, but they're still sleeping.  I'll try again tomorrow.    

No comments: