Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Blag Goes Down The Pan Once More



I missed a great opportunity for a joke yesterday.  I apologize  


Is this another political post?  I think comparing the entire debate to a bad joke would be at least somewhat appropriate.  


Actually, no.  Today's Sametime Status is purely about comedy and missed opportunities.  Let me take you back...

So yesterday, I was having a conversation over the instant messenger, as I am wont to do.  When I have these conversations, they are often about work-related topics, but on occasion they drift off into other territories.  When that happens, I do my best to make sure that comedy is involved somehow.  Well, in the case of yesterday's off-topic conversation, I had a grand opportunity to add some laughs, and completely missed it.  

It only took about 6 1/2 hours for me to come up with the joke.  

I started a conversation with a former co-worker about hole saws, and my upcoming need for one.  This former co-worker has a pretty comprehensive collection of tools at his disposal, and I figured before I run out to a local home improvement store to buy a hole saw, I should ask him if he had one I could borrow.  He did not, but that's beside the point entirely.  

See, I need a hole saw to drill holes through my ceiling to install recessed lighting in my family room area.  It's a poorly lit area of my house, and as much as it will be a substantial pain in the buns to add this much of this type of lighting, it's something that really should be done.  I decided to undertake this project over the summer, but also decided to hold off doing it until the temperature in the attic drops to temperatures more suited to crawling around in an attic wiring light fixtures.  This type of project is really about the only thing one could possibly need a 5-inch hole saw for.  My co-worker saw right through my plan.  

Upon asking if he had a 5-inch hole saw, he asked me, "Putting in can lights?" since "can lights" is another term for recessed lighting fixtures.  Around 9:30 last night, I finally realized I should have said, "Nope...they're going in the living room."  

That would have been funny. 

No comments: