Monday, September 19, 2016

Samba or Mambo?



What’s a Menuto Suit?  


Probably something very colorful and suited to an 80's boy band from Puerto Rico?

  
Well, that would be a Menudo Suit, wouldn't it?  


Yes...why, what were you looking for?


So, I have had this issue with a sign in a local restaurant for a couple months now.  I know exactly what it's supposed to be saying, but as you are well aware, my mind isn't usually prone to reinterpretation once I have it made up.  I've decided that a Menuto Suit is a thing I'm not aware of, so I must figure it out.  

In this restaurant, to which I am a frequent visitor since it's close to work, has a sign behind the counter advertising their catering service.  Personally, I've never used this service, but I know people who have, and it's delicious.  They specialize in barbecue foods like pulled pork, ribs, briskets, and other such things that are making me hungry right now.  They offer to bring their wares to your party for you, cutting down on work and cooking that you have to do...you know...the exact thing that a catering service does that I really didn't need to describe here.  

Either way, the sign is hand-written on a white board by a person whose handwriting is only slightly better than my own.  (My own is miserable, hence all the typing on a Blag here)  The sign promises that they have "A Menuto Suit Everyone."  The actual message is obvious, but it's written so poorly and with such awful kerning (is kerning a thing in handwriting, and not just typefacing?) that I can't help but think of Menuto Suits.  And 80's Puerto Rican singing groups...which is never a good place to go.  

Please make a new sign. 

No comments: