Monday, July 25, 2016

No, It Didn't Have A Flame Thrower



No longer a Dragon Boat paddling rookie  


We're all proud of you, Jeremy.  But...is that actually a thing?


If you're like me...


Please please tell me I'm not...


...then you have lain awake at night thinking to yourself, "I've never paddled a Dragon Boat.  However will I change this status?"  Well, I have solved this ages-old dilemma for myself by being on the crew of a Dragon Boat at a paddling festival recently.  Yes, these are all things. 

So, the deal is, you sit in a long, thin boat which holds around 20 people, there's a person in the back to steer, and a person in the front pounding on a drum to make sure everybody paddles at the same rate.  That's about it, unless you get into the specifics, which I don't think I'm going to do here.  Up until recently, I had never done any of these things, although I have spent considerable time on various bodies of water in a canoe, but that's beside the point.  

What's important to note here is that I am no longer a complete and total n00b at Dragon Boat paddling.  I am a barely proficient novice.  Go Jeremy!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.