Monday, July 18, 2016

Just When I Thought I Was Out...



At long last, I return to face my nemesis.  Hello, Toaster  


Ladies and gentlemen, it's a time of great strife.  Jeremy is returning once again to the theatre of war to do battle with everyone's arch nemesis.  


It was almost exactly one year ago when I said goodbye to my old office, having been forced to move to a different building in my work complex.  It was a bittersweet moment, because I had to move into a crappy cubicle, but the parking situation was significantly better.  Well, today I say goodbye to my crappy cubicle, having been forced to move to a different building in my work complex, to an even crappier cubicle because...reasons, I guess.  

Here's where it gets troubling...and mildly comical.  I'm moving back to the exact same building that I left one year ago.  My old office is still empty, in fact, but I don't get to go back there, but instead to a miserable location one floor above and adjacent to one of the most heavily traveled aisleways in the building.  It's going to suck.  

But, along with that suckage comes a much more profound suckage.  You all remember the Famed Toaster of Hades, right?   The unholy terror of breakfast time for so many poor innocents who had the audacity to want to warm stuff up.  Well, I'm moving right back to the building with the Adorably Tiny Cafeteria Thing In My Building.  Gone will be the days of the regular sized cafeteria in my current building with its fluctuating price policy on bottles of iced tea, an actual seating area, an actual selection of food, and toaster that doesn't set people's breakfast on fire all of the time.  In its place, we go back to the den of The Beast.  

I haven't been back to the Adorably Tiny Cafeteria Thing In My Building since I left that building.  Truth be told, I stopped going to the regular sized cafeteria due to the fluctuating price policy on bottles of iced tea, but that's beside the point.  I have left the Famed Toaster of Hades unchecked for nearly a full 12 months.  I shudder to think of the horrors it has wreaked upon the hungry masses in the time I've been away.  I don't necessarily look forward to renewing my battle with this abomination of breakfast, but I have no choice.  It is my mantle to bear.

No comments: