Friday, May 1, 2015

Good Times!



Lawn mowing.  Because I almost forgot what three hours of sneezing feels like


Hooray for seasonal allergies!  


Yeah...a big friggin' whoopee for me!  

So yesterday marked another significant event of the new Spring season.  I mowed the lawn!  That means that it's actually finally gotten warm enough consistently enough for the grass to grow.  April 30th.  Geeze.  

Anyway, what's important to note here is that I'm allergic to grass.  And dust.  And pollen.  And cats.  And dogs.  And eggs.  And birds.  Basically, I'm allergic to the world, so when I go outside to mow the lawn, there is an all-fronts assault on my body which results in me spending the remainder of the evening inside, laying down helplessly on my bed, sneezing my face off.  


Think of all the trouble you could have saved Nicolas Cage and John Travolta....


See, Loratadine is a wonderful thing.  It relieves my allergies quite well without the primary side effect of Diphenhydramin, which is a total and complete inability to stay conscious.  (Incidentally, these are chemical names for a couple fairly common OTC antihistamine medicines.  I'm not using the brand names because they're not paying me)  There is one minor problem with Loratadine, though...at least when it comes to lawn mowing yesterday.  I actually have to remember to take the stuff.

No comments: