Thursday, May 28, 2015

Today's Blag Is Totally Bogus



Saw a flyer for an event that was advertised as “Way Cool!!!”  It was pretty rad


I saw that too.  It was pretty gnarly, man!  


I know!  When I first saw it, my initial reaction was "gag me with a spoon!" but then, I was all like, "Jeremy, what's your damage?" and I realized that this thing was actually pretty choice.  

That's all the 80s slang I choose to remember right now.

The sad part about this flyer wasn't so much the remarkably outdated slang, but the fact that it was used to describe a traveling carnival.  Traveling carnivals are not "way cool," three exclamation points or otherwise.  They're usually pretty dirty, always really smelly, and generally a complete and total ripoff.  The games are specifically designed to look really easy to win, but are deceptively difficult.  The rides are really weak sauce, and the shows are generally performed by third-rate artists that can't get into a real circus.  

This particular carnival boasts the largest carnival midway in North America.  I will not be bothered to verify that.  

There is, however, one attraction that I'm curious about.  No, it's not the "HUGE Petting Zoo," which has to smell amazing.  It is the act described only as, "Monkeys Riding Dogs."  I'm not making this up.  Fortunately, I have a flyer which includes a coupon for free admission.  Oh wait...it's a Buy One Get On Free admission.  Screw that. 

No comments: