Thursday, July 10, 2014

How Am I Supposed To Look For Blue?


They changed the Taskbar icon for my email program.  I’m hopelessly lost now


You have to look for a different ICON when opening email now?  Terrible...just terrible.  What were they thinking?


I know, right?


No.  Sarcasm.  Suck up and deal, Jeremy.  


So yesterday was Software Update day for my computer.  This is another one of those things, like Password Day, that I tend to put off as long as possible.  Not because I fear change and/or new software, mind you, but because these types of updates hose up my productivity for longer than is really intended.

First of all, the email program itself needed to be upgraded.  This includes the new email template.  The whole thing, I was promised, would take up to 2 hours to do, but during that time, I'd be able to continue working on stuff, including email.  Not such a bad deal, unless the install actually takes 4+ hours and includes a new pop-up window or a dialog box every 5 minutes that interrupts whatever it is you're trying to work on.  Worse yet, I'm not even sure if I accepted all the things I needed to accept, or if I ended up hitting "cancel" on some of those dialog boxes because they popped up while I was in the middle of typing something.

Worse still, once the new version email program was up and running, the only noticeable change is that the icon down in the Taskbar is completely different.  It's a new color and everything.  It makes it really weird when the sound alerts me to a new email (as it tends to do like...150 times a day or so), and I go to select the email program to read it, and I can't find it.  I'm used to the old icon, and it's going to take me a little while to readily accept the new one.  This type of inconvenience wasn't what they wanted when they told me I had to update.  I'm not sure what I did get out of it anyway...the program seems to function exactly the same as it did before. 

No comments: