Friday, April 20, 2012

Honking Would Have Been Too Ironic


Apparently, geese are allowed to jaywalk


I guess they have trouble with the signs indicating the crosswalk.


Whatever the reason, geese in general suck at crossing the road.  


They should take lessons from the chicken.  She's a pro.


So I was driving to work recently.  This involves several stoplights, including one at the entrance to a store that we'll call, "Sleeping Room, Rest Room, and Further" that has a traffic light.  As is my custom, I completely missed the light, so I'm stopped at the red.  While I'm waiting for the green light, a goose starts crossing through the intersection...pretty much right across the middle.  Stupid thing was so busy not watching the car coming out of the parking lot that had to drive around him that he didn't even notice that the light was changing.  By the time the light on my side was green, the goose was directly in front of my car.  There was oncoming traffic, so I couldn't go around him, so I had little choice but to sit there looking like a dope while the goose finished crossing the road. 

No comments: