Monday, April 16, 2012

Anxiously Waiting The Third


Fan Of The Game!


 Any game in particular?  Or just the regular Internet game which you just lost?


Actually, I'm a bit of a celebrity now.  In addition to running my very own roughly-daily comedy Blag, almost being a Published Author, having a couple patents, and getting my name up on a couple volleyball tournaments' winners websites, I was bestowed a new honor over the weekend (and NOT for my continued use of the Oxford Comma).  Yes, boys and girls, I was presented the award for being the Manchester Monarchs' Fan Of The Game.  


So you won a drawing.


It's more than just a drawing.  It's a prestigious honor that is only shared by a handful of devoted followers.  


You won a drawing.


In addition to having my name up in lights on the Jumbotron, I had tribute bestowed upon me.



You were handed team logo Swag.


I was presented with a regal hooded sweatshirt as well as a logo cap.  I would have been granted passage to a future event as well...but there weren't any more.


So you didn't get tickets to the next game, since it was the last home game of the season.  Probably just as well, since the arena is a couple hours away.


You really do take the fun out of everything, don't you?


It's what I do.  


At least I got to walk through the concourse of the Shameless Corporate Sponsor Arena in Manchester announcing, "Make Way for the Fan Of The Game!"  I hope you don't think I'm making that up, because it totally happened.  I have witnesses.

No comments: