Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scary Times Ahoy


Nobody worry.  My computer is okay 


Oh good...we were all concerned.  Is there a more sarcastic font I can use on the Blag here?


Believe it or not, there was real concern for me this morning when my computer wouldn't start up.  I plugged it in like always, pressed the power button, and it started to boot up...


Losing interest in your story, Jeremy.


 ...but then it just shut down.  The whole process lasted about 3 seconds in between start-up and cold, dark nothingness.  The more frightening part was that it would immediately try to start up again, having a mind of its own, powering up by force of sheer will, only to collapse in on itself once again. 

Fortunately for us all, I'm something of a decent user of computers.  It ended up being one of those situations where I unplugged the laptop, pulled the battery out, held the power button for a while to kill any remains of power the thing once had, then reassemble and try again.  As you've probably guessed by now, I fixed it, and the day was saved.  You may thank me at your convenience. 

No comments: