Monday, February 6, 2012

Maybe A SUPER JerK?


Ahmad Bradshaw is a jerk.  He owes me $2.50


 I'm sure he didn't mean anything.  He was only...wait...what did he do anyway?


He scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl.


Wow...yeah.  I can see how you'd be upset about a football player trying his best to win a football game.  You want to call out your garbage collector for actually emptying the can every week?  


More specifically...the way in which he scored the touchdown effectively cost me a prop bet at the Super Bowl party I went to.  Here's how things went downhill:

Instead of doing the usual "Boxes" thing, the organizers of the party I attended put forth a series of proposition bets that we could wager on.  Selections included the number of passing yards for a particular quarterback, the number of commercials that include an animal (I called Bunk on this one repeatedly, as it was announced that Muppets did not count as animals, but the Coca-Cola polar bears did...but I lost this bet by such a wide margin, it stopped being worth it) and the total number of quarterback sacks in the game.  With less than 2 minutes left in the game, the teams were sitting on a collective 4 sacks, which was exactly what I picked in the pool, so stood to win that share of the kitty.  That share being $5, but somebody else also had 4, so I would have had to split it.  With exactly 57 seconds left in the game, Ahmad Bradshaw realizes he can score an easy touchdown, but in the interest of he team, he wisely decides to stop at the 1-yard line to run out the clock.  This was the right thing to do...run out the clock, kick the game-winning field goal with 1 second left and hit the Gatorade showers.  Except for the fact that he forgot how to fall down and ended up falling buttocks over tea kettle into the endzone...accidentally scoring a touchdown, and leaving almost a minute left on the clock for an attempted miraculous comeback by one of like three quarterbacks in the league capable of doing just that.  By selfishly scoring a touchdown, he allowed New England one last kick at the can.  

On that ensuing drive (which we all know by now ended fruitlessly) Tom Brady was sacked by the Giants defense, resulting in a game total 5 sacks, and more importantly, no prop bet win for Jeremy.  The money went to another party guest.  New England never should have gotten the ball again, so there never should have been the opportunity for that last sack.  Ahmad Bradshaw caused that sack by not falling down properly.  The way I see it, he cost me my winnings.  I anxiously await remittance. 

No comments: