Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nobody will get it

Next year, I'm going to Comic-Con dressed in jeans and a plain t-shirt. It'll be hilarious.


Yes, it's true a lot of people dress up as characters for Comic-Con, but I sincerely doubt that there are no people dressed like normal people.


Have you ever been to Comic-Con?


I'm a figment of your imagination. Of course I haven't been to Comic-Con.


So you can't say for sure. I'm going to go with the assumption that everybody at Comic-Con is dressed as their favourite superhero, cartoon character, or Poorly Engineered Planet-Sized Battle Station. I'm not making that up.

In fact, HERE'S A LINK to the first gallery of Comic-Con costumes I found on The Google. It boasts 850 costumes. This is crazy...but, I suppose it's a crazy sort of fun for the people who do it, so okay. So, next year, I'll be going to Comic-Con dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.


Terrific. Speaking of terrific, nobody got your pop quiz question right yesterday.


Indeed. Of all the submitted answers, precisely zero of them were correct. The last movie starring my boy Nicolas Cage to achieve a Tomatometer greater than 75% was the 2009 epic "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans." (87%)


I've never even heard of that.


That's the beauty of it. Nobody has. The thing has a gross box-office take of a whopping 1.7 million. For a movie that cost around 25M to make, this just won't cut it. Way to go, Nic! Prior to "Bad Lieutenant," you have to go all the way back to 2003 to go above 75% Tomatometer for "Matchstick Men." Yet, he still finds work...

No comments: