Monday, June 14, 2010

It was pretty exciting

I met the Snotface!


This is huge news! You've been waiting a while for this one.


Indeed...over a year in fact. So here's the deal:

It is often said that art resembles life and life resembles art. As it turns out, the art form that my life chooses to imitate more often than not is the Sitcom. It's one of the reasons I've chosen to write a sitcom, but that's beside the point entirely. In this particular case, my life mimicked a certain episode of "Seinfeld" in which Kramer gets a new license plate for his car. You Probably Remember the Results. (Warning, clip contains some mild profanity)

You may also remember a blag post made here last march, in which I introduced everyone to The SNOTFACE. I'll give you a moment to catch up if you're not familiar...


...


Okay...now that you're back up to speed, I can tell you that not long ago, at a friend's house, (As a matter of fact, the very same person who was made famous in the Blag last week for "The Monkey Dance." That's three Blag Entries in one week about him...I just realized that now.) I actually met The Snotface. Imagine my shock when I go out to the car to unload some stuff into the house and I walk past a little red car...just happen to glance down and see the plate..."SNOTFACE." I was floored...I was at a party with The Snotface. I could finally learn what it meant, and be able to sleep at night.

Truth be told, I had met The Snotface earlier this year at a totally separate party...but was completely unaware, as I had not seen the car. It wasn't until recently that I had made the connection between the two.

As it turns out, the car, and more importantly the SNOTFACE plates belong to a young lady, who for strictly Blag purposes we'll call "Brittany." I learned that it is a reference to a favourite childhood movie of hers, "Drop Dead Fred" starring, among others, Tim "Otter" Matheson, Carrie Fisher and Phoebe Cates (yes, THAT Phoebe Cates, though in a much more family-friendly role). The character of Fred is an imaginary friend of young Elizabeth (Cates), and continually refers to her throughout the movie as "Snotface," and at one point in the movie, actually picks his nose and wipes it on Elizabeth's cheek. Elizabeth repeats this performance on Otter's face later in the film...which is probably more than you wanted to know, but that's okay.

So, later in life, "Brittany" decided that she enjoyed the movie so much that she needed to drive around as the Snotface...and the mystery is solved.

No comments: