Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sock it to me?

I need to reengineer my sock strategy.


I sincerely doubt that's a form of engineering. You put on socks. Not hard.


Simply wearing socks is not really the issue at hand, here. The issue is in the variety of socks, and the need to be more efficient in my sock wearing and cleaning.

Since it is the custom, I tend to wash my socks on occasion. When I do, I find myself with a far-too-vast collection of sock types I have to work with. I have dressier socks, casual socks, white socks, blue socks, grey socks, black socks, various shades of brown socks, sporty socks...it's really a disaster. When I finish with the laundry, I find myself spending more time on the sock sorting than anything else. A new solution is required!


I'm sure there's an infomercial here somewhere...


Here's what I need to do...and what I'll almost assuredly not do. I should toss out all but one type of dressier socks for work. I will have two colors....black and brown, and all will be interchangeable. No more patterns, no more varying types of brown...no more thicker and thinner nonsense. Black and Brown socks for work. Then, I'll have a flurry of black sporty socks for the gym and volleyball. No more grey with yellow, grey with red, black with blue....no...Black. Done. All of my casual socks will be thicker and grey for comfort and style. Laundry day will be a treat. I'll have 4 piles and can just grab and fold instead of sorting through a mountain of socks. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

No comments: