Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I neither have nor want any of these things

Jersey on a truck, with a whisper of luck...


This means roughly nothing.


Yes, I know.


So what's it doing here. We're hoping for information or entertainment on the Blag.


Strictly speaking, it's a figment of my imagination.


So am I, but I usually make sense.


More specifically, today's Sametime Status is a portion of the lyrics to the country music song I was writing in a dream I had recently.

I don't often remember my dreams, but when I do, I decide to share them with you...especially if they're as insipid as this. I've often thought about becoming a country music superstar. It's not all that hard. All I need is a wife, dog, gun, or pickup truck, lose one of them, and lament the loss of same. Money pours in.

So I was writing this country song in my sleep, and woke up for some reason, which is the only reason I remember it. At the time (and maybe only in my sleep, because otherwise, it makes no sense at all) I remembered thinking that this line was hauntingly beautiful. In hindsight, it's crap. And nothing good has ever happened because of New Jersey. So it looks like my dreams of country music celebrity will have to wait a little while longer. Anyone selling a pickup truck? Cheap?

No comments: