Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Theme Week, Part Prancer and Vixen

Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents: Jeremy’s Non-Shopping List! Item #2: Crepe Maker


It's officially the Holiday Season! Time to blow up the inflatable Santa, sew up the holes in last year's stocking, and bake more cookies than you can eat in a month. It's also time to go completely loopy over what gifts you're going to buy everyone on your list. Here at Jeremy Is In The Office, we strive to make things easier for you, the gift-giving public. We also like to get stuff.


Today's item that I won't be shopping for between now and XMas is a griddle thingy designed for making crepes. As you may know, I have a penchant for trying new and interesting recipes...most of which involving cookies or other sweets. As you may also remember, I went to France earlier this year, a trip complete with eating a not-insignificant number of crepes. Combining these two items, and it should come as no shock that I want to learn to make my own crepes, and may have even bought my own little jar of Nuttela for just such an occasion. All I need is the maker.


Also known as a griddle.


Yes, it can be done on my existing griddle, but I don't know if it has quite the even temperature distribution required for crepe making...and it's also square. All the crepes I had in France were round. Keep in mind that the best crepe maker comes with a little wooden stick thingy for spreading out the dough. I like to refer to is as a "Crepe Zamboni."

I've pondered buying myself one of these things for a while now...mostly just searching online, but I've decided not to buy one...at least before January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crepe maker + goatee = questionable sexuality. I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

Or, I guess you could be French. Either way, no good can come of this.