Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Theme Week, Part Comet and Cupid

Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents: Jeremy’s Non-Shopping List! Item #3: Tool Box


It's officially the Holiday Season! Time to don your nightcap for a long wintr's nap, and start peeling carrots for Rudolph. It's also time to tear your hair out thinking about what gifts you're going to buy everyone on your list. Here at Jeremy Is In The Office, we strive to make things easier for you, the gift-giving public. It's also easier than shopping ourselves.


Today's "Thing That I'm Not Going To Buy For Myself In The Next Three Weeks" is a staple in every handyman's arsenal. No, I'm not talking about duct tape, (That's the Handyman's Secret Weapon I'm talking about your basic toolbox.


So many "Tool" jokes, so little time...


Since becoming a homeowner, I've had to learn to fix stuff more often, in addition to performing home improvement and renovation type projects. This is all well and good, and over the months, I've managed to accumulate most of the essential tools for performing these tasks. I've also gotten fairly good at fixing some things, aside from the bathroom sink which just gets weirder, but that's beside the point. The point is that most of the tools sit around on a shelf in my garage, with no discernible organizational system whatsoever.


You don't have an organizational system for anything.


While that's also true, I have plenty of ways of carrying stuff, but no way to carry a couple handfuls of tools. This is where the toolbox comes in. I've looked at several, and most are cheap plastic junk. Some have faux diamondplate glued to the outside of the plastic to give the appearance of structural integrity, but is there merely for show. Those are arguably even more lame. So I thought about getting a decent toolbox, big enough to hold a fair amount of junk, probably having a drawer or two, and with some actual rigidity to it...but decided against it. For now.

No comments: