Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How close is Skynet?

The stamp machine at the post office can feel pleasure.


It begins?


Indeed. Machines have started experiencing feelings. While there is no evidence to suggest that the Famed Toaster of Hades actually feels anger and wrath, I personally witnessed a machine feeling pleasure.


I'll get the foil helmets.


I was in the post office not long ago buying stamps...since occasionally, I still have to mail stuff. It was early in the morning, the post office wasn't open, and I used the automated postage machine. It's actually not a bad thing. It weighs your package and calculates postage, or sells sheets of stamps and whatnot. It beats the crap out of standing in line at noon with everybody else in the county.

At the end of my transaction, the machine printed out a receipt, and then displayed on its screen that it had been a pleasure to serve me. I got a little scared and went quickly out to my car.

No comments: