Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Give it the heave ho?

How much Faith could a Faith Heaver heave if a Faith Heaver could heave Faith?


I worry about you.


Not long ago, as I was driving home from work, I saw a license plate that said "HVEFAITH". Obviously, the driver is encouraging everyone to Have Faith in some sort of greater power. Also obviously, my swirling miasma of a mind took this as a challenge to see what else I could turn it into.


I have faith in your ability to distort reality.


The first thought that came to mind was instead of "Have Faith" was to "Heave Faith" as some sort of tangible artifact waiting to be chucked into a pond or something. This of course makes me ask myself, "How can you heave faith?" Following that, it became a simple matter of determining if Faith were both tangible and heavable, how much energy one would use to do said heaving. After that, it's a really short jump to comparing Faith Heavers with Woodchucks, and my new tongue twister is born.

No comments: