Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He's just doin' the best he can

Somebody may now explain to me why my MP3 collection includes "Ramblin' Man" by The Allman Brothers


It's not a bad song. There's nothing wrong with having is as part of your library.


That's very true. I have nothing against the song.


So why did it become the latest in your series of Sametime Statuses about songs that shouldn't be part of your MP3 collection?


Because I have nothing FOR this song either. I don't particularly like it, I don't know most of the words, and I tend to skip over it on the MP3 player every time it comes on. So I'm left with the question of why I downloaded the song (perfectly legally, of course) in the first place.


And I'm guessing you're going to tell us. Otherwise, what's the point of having a Blag?


That's the spirit! The reason I have it is because I was looking for "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" by Bob Seger, and downloaded this one instead.


Moron.


For whatever reason, not only have I never deleted it, even though I really don't want it...but I've now propagated the song to at least 3 computers, a stand-alone MP3 player, and a personal network drive. So not only have I not deleted it, I've made such a huge production out of having to delete it that I likely never will. I'll just keep skipping over it when it plays. Good times!

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

Lord, I downloaded ramblin man,
Tryin to delete it and doin the best I can.
And when its time to delete,
I hope i'll not repeat,
That I hate the song a ramblin man.

Sung to the tune Ramblin Man.