Thursday, June 19, 2008

Unless you're going offroading, then you're all set.

Right Lane MUST Turn Right Or Else You’ll Hit A Tree


I don't think they make signs like that.


And that's the problem. "They" either need to make signs like this, or stop posting ridiculous crap all over my roads.


I'm really not quite sure I follow.


On my way to work, I come to the end of a road. It intersects another road at a T intersection, which means you have no choice but to turn or else you'll hit a wall of trees. If you actually go straight, you've either decided to take your chances with the woods, lost control of your car, or become a moron. As far as I know, those are your only options at this point.


Okay...so?


So the town, in its infinite wisdom, decided a sign was necessary leading up to the intersection. One of those "Right Lane MUST Turn Right" signs. Of course the right lane is going to turn! They either turn or crash, and given those choices, a vast majority of the people will make the turn. This sign sucks. It pollutes my drive to work, makes me angry and is a waste of my money. I'd like it taken down, please.


Little too much coffee before work today...

4 comments:

Willie Y said...

I think you need 2 more signs, not less signs. Left turn only for the left lane and straight ahead prohibited. It covers all choices.

Jeremy Dailey said...

...I think that's mostly to prevent people from turning left from the right-hand lane, because there's some fool out there who would try that.

Jeff said...

You need a fourth sign that says "do not drive into the fourth dimension" just in case there's any stupid hyper-drivers around

Jeremy said...

I just got back from a wrong turn into the fourth dimension and boy is my watch tired.