Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Most days, actually

Some days, I wish stupid was painful.


I completely agree.


...uhh...okay then.


So I understand there's a full Blag today?


Yes...we've got some stupidity, and an explanation for one of yesterday's items.


I hope it's an explanation for the Rick Astley video.


As a matter of fact, it is. There is a concept called "Rickrolling" in which people reading websites or message boards are tricked into watching the video of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." Those of you loyal readers who clicked all the links in yesterday's Blag were given such treatment. There are other Internet items that people are often tricked into viewing, with the lure of something that they actually want to see. Most of these are significantly less family-friendly than Mr. Astley, so I won't be posting those here. If you'd like to know more, please contact your local search engine...just don't do it at work.


I've heard of a couple of these...they sound pretty awful.


That's what I'm told, but I would have no idea about that sort of thing.


So...how about the stupidity?


Right! So Jeff Foxworthy has now stooped to being a game show host. He has a show called "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" which I've never watched, but I'm reasonably sure it would make my head hurt. I don't think it can be quite as bad as an older game show called "Street Smarts," where one episode saw 2 out of 3 people get the wrong answer to the question, "What color is the exterior of the White House?" but based on a recent incident, I'm not so sure. They had a celebrity episode on "5th Grader," and the day's contestant was country singer Kellie Pickler. What followed was a travesty.


Ouch.


Yeah...that's pretty rough. Fortunately, all loyal readers of this Blag are much smarter than that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet Rick Astley would have known the answer. I would have thought that a 'country' singer would know more geography. I wonder if she knows where Rand McNally is on the globe.

Jeff said...

Hot, blonde, stupid, yep she fits the mold perfectly.