Thursday, January 19, 2017

Free Popcorn With Purchase!



I sincerely doubt I will ever want to tweet about a self-storage warehouse


Well, maybe if you won one of them on that fake game show about buying abandoned storage units, you'd tweet about it.  

  
I suppose that's true.  But, failing that, I don't see anything all that tweet-worthy about self storage warehouses. 

So, self-storage warehouses are pretty boring.  They're a big ol' building with a bunch of lockers of various sizes inside.  You rent one out for some defined period of time, come in, stuff in a bunch of the crap you own but don't have room for in your current living arrangement, and...well...that's about it.  

I can see why there would be differences from one self-storage warehouse to another.  Some might be in better locations, have wider easier-access doors, better climate control, better lighting, improved security...you know...things like that.  Depending on your self-storage needs, these might lead you to pick one location over another, and that seems perfectly reasonable.  But why would you ever want to tweet about it?  

See, there are a number of self-storage warehouses in the Greater Jeremy Area, since people around here apparently like to store stuff.  I've never researched any of them, so I have no idea what amenities any of them offer over another to offer a valid comparison.  What I do know is that one of them has a programmable lighted sign out front which can be easily seen from the major road.  When I drove past it recently, the sign read "Deals You Can Tweet About."

False.  

Of course, I can't quite detail what kind of deal I could get on a self-storage locker in that particular warehouse (or any other, for that matter), but I can just about guarantee that I won't be tweeting about it.  I will, however, Blag about their stupid sign. 

No comments: