Friday, January 13, 2017

Brief Headline

My peach iced tea is the only one with an adjective  


Does that make it taste any worse? 


The adjective on the bottle has no impact on the product.  That doesn't stop companies from overusing adjectives on the descriptions of their products.

So, fairly often, I like to make iced tea.  When time is tight (like say...every day at work), I use those little bottles of liquid iced tea mix.  You squirt a little stream of concentrated goop into a cup of water, give it a little stir, and you've got reasonably decent flavored iced tea.  The goop comes in four flavors that I'm aware of: Lemon, Raspberry, Cherry Dragonfruit, and Summer Peach. 

Lemon is my favorite flavor, Raspberry is the worst (which is at least partially sad, because normally I love raspberry flavored iced tea), Cherry Dragonfruit just kinda happens, and Summer Peach is the only one that has an adjective.  I'm not sure what difference the summer makes when it comes to drinking peach flavored iced tea, but apparently, it's worthy of adding the descriptor on the bottle.  I'm at least a little curious what a winter peach tastes like.  I'm guessing it tastes like the exact same artificial peach-like flavor, but we'll probably never know. 

Why don't the Lemon, Raspberry, and Cherry Dragonfruit iced tea goops get adjectives?  Aren't they special enough?  Shouldn't the company be more consistent in their labeling?  How about Tangy Lemon?  Tart Raspberry?  Sweet Cherry Dragonfruit?  The whole thing makes no sense. 

Speaking of label descriptors that make no sense...Sun Chips.  They have a flavor called "Harvest Cheddar."  So uhmm...nobody harvests cheddar.  What's up with this one? 

No comments: