Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Also, It's Empty



Well, the good news is, I have a pool now…


When you say it like that, it can mean only one thing.  There's also bad news.  Can I go swimming first?


By all means.  

But you're right, there is, of course, bad news that goes along with my new status as Swimming Pool Owner.  That being that I'm not sure how long I'm going to be a Swimming Pool Owner.  


Those things tend to be reasonably expensive and remarkably difficult to move.  


Not necessarily. 

In the case of normal-sized swimming pools, I would tend to agree.  In the case of stupid little inflatable kiddie pools, not so much.  My new pool is very much of the latter variety.  


So, I got out my floaties for nothing?


Pretty much.  See, not long ago, we had a storm travel through the Greater Jeremy Area, which brought along with it some strikingly strong winds.  These winds caused some downed trees, some power outages, and some redistribution of people's lawn crap.  In my case, the power was out for about three hours, and when I awoke the following morning, I was delighted to learn that I had become the new owner of somebody's crappy inflatable swimming pool.  And by "Owner," I mean that it blew into my back yard and stayed there.  I'm hoping that sometime soon, the original owner will drive by and reclaim it.  Otherwise, it will become the owner of the trash collector next week.   

No comments: