Monday, December 7, 2015

The TV Guy Probably Does It Too


I don’t like when the radio weather person calls me “Sonny”


Uhm...Jeremy...I don't think that's...


It happens fairly frequently, and I find it to be at least a little condescending.  The weather person on the local radio station which is playing on my alarm clock when it wakes me up will come on and say, "Weather today, Sonny.  High of 50."  Why are they calling me Sonny?  Are they just referring to all of the listeners as Sonny without regard to age or gender?  It's awfully rude.


They're not talking to you, you imbecile...


So then who's weather are they forecasting?  


I give up.


I would like to petition the local weather person to stop referring to me as Sonny when giving my weather.  A simple "Jeremy" would suffice.  Or, failing that, don't feel obligated to mention me at all.  Just give out the weather as if there were more people than me listening, and leave the name calling to lesser people.  Thank you. 

No comments: