Thursday, December 3, 2015

Now I Can't Get It Out



I had business cards in my pocket the last time I did laundry  


Was it mine?  You're always losing my cards.  How are you supposed to give one to Anne Hathaway when you see her?  


To be honest, I have no idea whose card it was.  

What's important here is to know that business cards and my washing machine don't really get along.  It's pretty clear what happened, actually.  I had a meeting with somebody, and they handed me a business card.  This happened when I was wearing the shirt that I have on today.  I accepted the card and promptly tucked it away in the front pocket of my shirt so that I could go back to my office after the meeting and update the contact information on my computer.  It's what's done, if you remember to do that sort of thing. 

What realistically happens is that I forget all about the card over the course of my next meetings, go home with the thing in my pocket, and find the card the next time I wear the shirt.  Conversely, if the shirt is dirty, it goes directly into the laundry, business card and all.  When next we meet the shirt, it has lots and lots of scattered bits of paper all over the pocket, in no way, shape, or form resembling a business card.  

That's what I have going on today.  

No comments: