Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I Am A Good Engineer, Actually



Well, I didn’t get that Comedy Central gig.  Guess I’ll stick to engineering  


It's probably for the best.  We can all just assume that you're better at being an engineer than at writing comedy.  I mean, seriously...this stuff is usually crap.  


Just because my humor is beyond your level doesn't necessarily make it crap.  


That's just sort of a bonus, then?


So anyway, Comedy Central announced yesterday who would be taking over as host of The Daily Show.  It's this guy Trevor Noah.  I know nothing about him because I don't usually watch The Daily Show unless somebody posts a link to one of their videos on Facebook.  To be fair, this happens roughly every day, but it's only a clip, not the whole episode.  As such, I don't get to see much of the individual correspondents, just Jon Stewart.  That guy's funny.  

Well, he's leaving the show, and Comedy Central showed up at my door asking if I'd be interested in the hosting gig. 


Nothing of the sort happened.  


Okay fine...they emailed.  


Also no. 


FINE!  Nobody even returned any of my 17 phone calls asking if they saw my audition tape.  I mean...I'm assuming they still have VHS down there.  They just went on ahead and gave the show away to this other guy without even auditioning me.  I would have been amazing.   

No comments: