Monday, March 16, 2015

I Lose By 10 Every Year, So It Really Doesn't Matter



Pick Jeremy’s 12-5 Upset!  Buffalo, Wyoming, Wofford, or Stephen F. Austin.  Vote now!  


Jeremy's gone Mad!  Mad for college basketball or something.  I'm as surprised as you are.


That's right, folks!  It's time for everyone to make arbitrary predictions about a giant basketball tournament for the right to shove it in your friends' faces for an entire year that you guessed better than they did.  It's a thing, apparently.  

As is tradition here at Jeremy Is In The Office, I'm going to crowd-source my choice for a 12-5 upset.  As you know, the 12-seed is a statistical outlier, winning their matchups more often than the 11-seeds.  In fact, over the last 3 tournaments, 12 seeds have a record of 8-4 in their first-round matchups against the #5s.  That's weird.  It's become pretty common knowledge that the #5 seed is cursed, and there is destined to be an upset somewhere in the 12-5 section of your bracket.  Since I'm going to have a bracket, I'm going to need a 12-5 upset.  That's where you come in.  

Aside from last year, (and in 2007, but that's beside the point entirely), the crowd-sourcing of my 12-5 upset has paid wonderful dividends, being correct every time.  This is great, and shows what great guessers my readership are.  Incidentally, in 2007, there were no 12-5 upsets, so it's understandable that we collectively guessed wrong.  That's only happened twice since 1988.  Okay, I've done enough research on basketball to last me another year.  

Continuing with our little tradition here (and on Sametime, and on Facebook, and on Twitter), you get to vote for your choice for my 12-5 upset.  You choices are as follows:


  • The University of Buffalo Bulls over the West Virginia University Mountaineers
  • The University of Wyoming Cowboys over the University of Northern Iowa Panthers
  • The Wofford College Terriers over the University of Arkansas Razorbacks
  • The Stephen F. Austin University Rattlesnakes Lumberjacks over the University of Utah Utes
Choose wisely!  My bracket depends on you. 

No comments: