Monday, June 6, 2011

...and their new brother "BOO!"

Great. Now I'm going to have nightmares about Snap Crackle and Pop


Why? They're three little cartoon guys that bring wholesome, nutritious breakfast choices to children. Ostensibly, they're pretty harmless.


Yes, but the website isn't.


I don't think you were on the right site.


No, I really was. I was harmlessly looking for the official recipe for Rice Krispies Treats. There was a picnic over the weekend, I had a hankering for Rice Krispies Treats, and didn't want to leave to chance the fact that they would be there. So, I procured myself a box of cereal and some marshmallows, and made my way to the Kellogg's website.

Once there, things seemed pretty normal...but once I stopped paying attention, Snap Crackle and Pop started talking. Of course, I had no idea what was happening...all I knew was that there were voices. So, as I'm scrambling around trying to find out who's in my house, spilling cereal all over my table, the guys are mocking me, talking about clouds and whatnot. Jerks.


On a related note, Kellogg's does have one of the more entertaining 404 pages around. A 404 is, of course, the page you get when you type in the address of a page that doesn't actually exist. Theirs shows a picture of Snap from Rice Krispies and says something like "Oh SNAP. That page doesn't exist." It's pretty solid.


I'm never going to that site again, so it's not really relevant.

No comments: