Monday, June 27, 2016

4/10 Would Not Buy Again



Gray is not really a good color for soap    


I prefer green myself.  It has a refreshing mint scent that really wakes me up in the morning.


So, like most people who don't ride the subway in New York City, I use soap.  My soap of choice while showering is a liquid body wash.  The brand changes from time to time when I feel like I deserve better soap, or I find one that smells better, or they discontinue the kind I had been using because it had those plastic beads in it that the government banned and I probably shouldn't have been using in the first place.  You know...important things like that.  Recently, I decided to make a small change in product, not the brand, just the variety, because of a much more important concern.  

The store was out of the regular stuff.   

So now, I have the new variation of the extra scrubby soap that used to have the plastic beads in it, but now has charcoal.  Whatever.  It still gets all soapy in the shower and it makes me smell great, so I'm all for it.  I did learn not long ago that this particular variety of soap does have one minor drawback.  It's weirdly gray colored.  

So, my prior history in soap products is only mildly colorful.  I used to use some shampoo that was a striking neon blue color that seemed a little weird, but now, my products tend to be just regular blue and green colors.  My soap is now dark gray.  

This is a little disconcerting.  See, the whole point of soap is to remove dirt and oils and other crap from your skin.  This melange tends to blend into a brown or gray color, as evidenced by what's left in the sink after you wash your hands if they're particularly dirty.  So, to have your new soap be the exact color of the crap you're using it to remove leaves you feeling a little suspicious of it's effectiveness.  I no longer know if I'm clean because my soap starts out looking dirty.  At least I smell good. 

No comments: