Monday, May 16, 2016

Still Ate The Ice Cream



I strenuously object to what the weather app had to say yesterday  


If I recall correctly, the forecast was for upper 50s temperatures and cloudy.  


Exactly.  By my expert opinion, the temperature never got above 12, and it was stupid windy.  


Fortunately for all of us, you're not an expert on weather.  


I'm an expert at being whiny when I'm cold.  Yesterday, I was cold.  Cold sucks.  

So, many of you know that I play volleyball.  Many times, when the weather is nice, this involves playing outside.  Sometimes, it involves a more rigidly scheduled event which involves being outside when the weather isn't quite so nice and/or conducive to playing volleyball.  Yesterday was one of those times.  

We had a tournament scheduled for this past weekend.  The weather forecast for the Greater Jeremy Area wasn't overly promising, with rain most of the week beforehand, a chance of rain on Saturday, and turning significantly colder with lots and lots of wind for Sunday.  That's exactly what happened, though fortunately, the chance of rain happened after we were done playing, so that worked out well.   

The weather for volleyball on Sunday was lousy.  It was windy, which led to blowing the ball all over the place, making everyone's job much more difficult, and rendering most games into a serving battle since nobody could pass.  More importantly, it was cold.  I, like everyone else on the field, froze my tuchus off, wrapping myself in a long sleeved shirt, hoodie, and blanket in between games to stave off the misery as much as possible.  People were actually playing volleyball bundled head to toe and with hoods up and tied.  It was a little ridiculous, and the weather app said the temperature was in the 60s.  I disagree. 

No comments: