Wednesday, October 7, 2015

They Don't Travel Or Have Siblings



Had a nightmare that I missed a belt loop  


I miss it too.  Where did it go?  


Well, that's a very different matter, and one that I'm remarkably confused about, but we'll get to that. 

What's more important now is that I recently had a bad dream.  It happens to everybody, and it apparently happens to me more often when I eat half a dozen pickled pig's feet right before bed, but that's beside the point entirely.


Wait, what?


Many people have had that famous dream where you walk into school or work without requisite attire.  Its little embarrassing for your coworkers and/or classmates to see your underthings, leave alone the fact that you apparently didn't notice your lack of clothing until you got this far into your day.  

Well, I had a variation of this, where I was at work, and couldn't figure out why I felt naked.  I wasn't.  I was completely clothed in a fairly standard dress shirt and a pair of khaki pants, but something felt off.  Turns out, the thing that was off was the fact that I had misses the belt loop in the back of my pants when I put my belt on.  Horrifying!  

I have, of course, self-diagnosed the issue here, and it's a weird one involving my pants.  


This is still PG-rated, right?


I have multiple pairs of pants that I wear to work.  Some of them are slightly nicer than others, and some fit better than others (some are better for sitting and others better for walking...it's a little weird), but there is a fairly stable rotation of pants.  There is one pair of khaki pants that would seem to be my favorites.  They fit great, look nice, have a decent color that goes with many different shirts.  Overall, they're pretty solid.  The belt loop is tearing.  It's the only thing that's wrong with the pants, and it's the only pair of pants I have where this is happening.  It's the belt loop on my left side, which doesn't rub up against my desk chair, or my laptop bag, or the seat belt in my car.  I have no idea why this particular wear pattern is happening on these pants and no others.  

Maybe a fluke you say?  Well, I might agree with you if I didn't know the primary reason I bought these particular pants.  That reason, of course, being that the pants they replaced had a torn belt loop on my left side.  

No comments: