Monday, November 18, 2013

If It Said "Get Well Soon" I'd Feel Really Bad



A very special Happy Birthday to whoever’s mylar balloon landed on my deck last night


The odds of that person reading this right now are pretty slim.


While that may be true, on the off chance that I can brighten somebody's day, I'm taking this opportunity to extend a birthday wish.   

So, here I am this morning, getting ready for work, as I am wont to do, and I notice a string going across part of my deck.  As it turns out, it was attached to a balloon which said "Happy Birthday."  I don't know anyone upwind from me who's had a birthday recently, and there was no name and address attached to the string, so I'm pretty much at a loss in terms of who it belongs to.  All I know is that their birthday celebration included at least one mylar balloon.  

I'm assuming there was more involved, but one can never judge.  

So, I guess my plan for this balloon is to hold on to it for a couple days to see if anyone shows up to claim it, and if not, I'll dispose of it humanely.  Just seems like a waste of a perfectly good, though somewhat flat, balloon.  Happy Belated Birthday! 

No comments: