Thursday, November 14, 2013

I Don't Know Of Any Song Using Krang's Name



I heard a song not long ago saying I’d better be ready to Rock Steady.  What about Bebop?


I would suggest that you always be ready to both Rock Steady and Bebop.  That way, regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you'll be prepared.  


So today's Sametime Status comes to you courtesy of the song "Rocksteady" by Marc Broussard.  I'd never heard it until recently, and didn't really think all that much of it.  Apparently, it was released in 2004, so that doesn't say a lot for me, either.  

Regardless, the song was very adamant that I be prepared to Rock Steady when Mr. Broussard showed up.  I'm not entirely clear as to why, but that's neither here nor there.  In theory, it should have made me think about how I would go about Rocking Steady, but as is often the case, I started thinking about cartoons.  

See, Rocksteady was a character in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles universe of comics, cartoons, movies, and merchandise.  He was your standard, run of the mill street thug before being turned into a mutant rhinoceros street thug by Shredder.  He was always in the company of Bebop, also a street thug turned mutant warthog.  If Shredder was thinking properly, he would have turned one of them into a Honey Badger, but I digress again.  I was saddened by the fact that though Rocksteady was a primary subject of this song I was hearing, Bebop was nowhere to be found.  


So, Jeremy has decided to give all of you the rest of the week off to watch cartoons or whatever.  He'll be on vacation until monday.  As such, Jeremy Is In The Office will be Out Of The Office tomorrrow, returning on 11/18.  Have a good weekend, everybody!

No comments: