Friday, August 16, 2013

Not My Idea



Vacation was so nice, I think I’ll take it twice


Seriously, Jeremy.  You've been back for two weeks.  You're going on vacation again?


Well, as was alluded to before, this one isn't entirely my idea.  See, there's a mandatory furlough thing happening at work here, so I have to take a week off.  That threw a giant spanner in the works in terms of my weekend plans, and the net result is that it just ended up making more sense to just take next week off, then be furloughed for a week.    As such, today is my last work day until September.  

While it saddens me that I'll be spending the next 2-plus weeks depriving you of your daily fix of Sametime nonsense, it saddens me a little more that my paycheck is going to suffer a little bit here.  That may sound a little selfish, but it's the reality of the situation on my end.  What it definitely means is that I'll have to come back after Labor Day and work twice as hard creating jaunty, amusing Sametime Statuses for you all to enjoy.  And maybe work a little bit, too....I guess.  

See you all in September!


Jeremy Is In The Office will be Out Of The Office from August 17th until September 2.  He will be checking messages periodically, returning on Tuesday, September 3rd with all new Sametime Statuses.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't remember dropping you on your head.