Monday, August 13, 2012

She Wasn't The Champion


We now return you to the regular junk that’s on TV


You know...it is still summer.  You're allowed to go outside.


Well, that's one part very true and another part exactly the reason I'm so far behind on my DVR.  This very nearly caused a major problem recently.  

So one of the shows that I do make a point to watch (One of like...two shows) is the USA program Burn Notice.  My sister hates it, but okay.  I realized not long ago that I was at least 3 episodes behind the current season due to not being home, going on vacation, or just generally not wanting to be sitting inside my TV room doing nothing.  As you may be aware, there was a major storm a couple weeks ago in the Greater Jeremy Area which knocked out the power to my house for about 14 hours...one of those hours was the hour in which Burn Notice airs.  Needless to say, that episode was not recorded.  Not long ago, I decided to catch up on this particular show, and as I got to one episode in particular, during the "Previously, on Burn Notice" section that they occasionally run at the beginning of episodes, I realized I didn't recognize some of the things that had happened.  I quickly paused the DVR to assess the situation.  Good thing I did, too...as mere seconds later was a MAJOR spoiler as to events in the episode I missed due to the power outage.  Disaster was averted, however, and I was free to enjoy the episodes as they were intended. 

I tell you this story now because, as many of you are doubtless aware, the Olympics are over.  The closing ceremony was last night, and I did actually watch about 90 seconds of it during which a questionably-clad singer who was clearly not Freddie Mercury was singing along with the other members of "Queen."  I decided that 90 seconds of this nonsense was enough, so I moved on.  On to the other fine television programming that's shown during the summer.  That lasted about another 2 minutes before I shut the TV off. 

No comments: